Caffè Specialty Collector's Album
Unit price per
We created this Album to collect Specialty Coffee Labels for different purposes:
- Environmental sustainability: our packages are made of 100% recyclable plastic (CO2 Neutral) and the labels in FSC paper. You can easily peel off the labels to differentiate them (PET / PE plastic and PAPP20 paper) in an eco-sustainable way with a low impact on the environment.
- Collection: you can collect our new labels and write recipes and comments at the bottom of the page.
- Uniqueness: because no one had ever done it before, simple! :)
But ultimately, we would like to let you know that once the album is complete, you will receive a precious prize for the future of all of us. To find out which one, read the FAQ below.
How to request the album
- To receive it you must add it to your cart and it will be sent to you for FREE together with the coffee or accessories purchased.
- You can request only the collector's album without any purchase (always adding it to the cart), it will be sent to your home immediately and you will pay only for shipping costs.
- You can order it through this page, add it to your cart and collect it here from us for free (IMPORTANT: check that you have entered the "Collect in store" option to avoid paying shipping costs)
What material is the album made of?
The album is made entirely of FSC recycled paper
What is that number inside the first page at the top right?
It is the unique number of the album in your possession, no two are alike, we need to confirm that it is not used by several people to get the prize, but also to give you a unique and rare product.
What happens when I finish the album?
You will win a fantastic prize! Once you have finished the album by attaching the 20 labels, you will have to make a short video and show us while you browse it, you will have to upload it to Instagram Stories or Feed, remembering to Tag us directly in the post. (@garagecoffeebros)
What do I do if I don't have Instagram?
- You can ask a friend to post it on their profile (always tagging us @garagecoffeebros)
- You can make a Story or Post on Facebook (always tagging us @garagecoffeebros)
Will the labels all have to be different?
No, but we ask you to have at least 10 different labels out of a total of 20 labels, to get the prize.
Attention, the valid labels are only the colored ones found on the 250g packets of coffee, both ground and in beans.
What is the prize?
As Garage Coffee Bros. we have joined an environmental sustainability campaign, we have ADOPTED coffee trees (but not only) that will be planted in Ecuador. When you finish the album and follow the steps listed above, one of these trees will pass up for adoption to you and you will be able to see for the rest of its life, how it grows and where it is located via Google Maps.
How do i adopt the tree?
We will send you an email as a link to Treedom.net where you can redeem the adoption of the tree which will in fact pass to you. Isn't that wonderful?
Is adoption free?
The adoption, worth € 19.90, is totally free for you because we have already paid for everything. You will just have to register on the site and see the tree grow and support the environment.
And then, what will happen next?
Here comes the most important part for us because in the course of its life it will absorb CO2 (about 50kg per year) and will help to counteract the excess of carbon dioxide that humans produce today. For a better world!
How to choose:
We roast in two different ways, dividing into two main groups, based on the type of extraction:
- Light: suitable for Filter/Aeropress-type extractions, or for those looking for a coffee with a note of marked acidity and many aromas.
- Medium: suitable for Espresso/Moka extractions, or for those who want a coffee with a much more intense flavor and a touch of bitterness.
There are dozens of different grinds, it can be said that each machine or equipment needs a grind ad hoc.
With us you can choose to buy ground coffee for Moka or Filter.
We have tried to summarize them as follows:
- V60 Filter:
- French Press/Infuser:
Espresso requires some precision rules:
- Quality coffee
- Roasting within 30 days
- Fine Grind
- Water temperature around 90-92°
- A single serving of 8-9g (double of 15-17g)
- Extraction time approximately 25 seconds
The use of quality espresso machines (range from €600 upwards) can ensure a better result.
Machines that also have a coffee grinder to grind "fresh" coffee are preferable
The Moka requires a little attention:
- Use filtered or bottled water (NO TAP)
- Roasting within 30 days
- Medium-fine grinding
- Fill the boiler with water without going over the valve
- Put the ground coffee into the filter without pressing or making ontagnettes, simply level it at the edge
- Put on medium heat
- Wait for the liquid to rise through the chimney pot, without letting it bubble (TURN OFF AS SOON AS THE FLOW OF COFFEE STARTS TO GO FAST AND COLORLESS)
- Mix before serve
The Moka must only be washed with water and any neutral detergents (taking care to rinse thoroughly with water), never in the dishwasher or with abrasive sponges.
Filter or Chemex coffee requires precision in timing and in weights, some advice:
- Quality coffee
- Roasting within 20 days
- Medium grind (medium coarse for Chemex)
- Filtered or bottle
- Water temperature around 90-94° depending on the coffee used (generally washed at higher temperatures)
- About 15g of ground coffee for every 250g of water (chemex at least 30g per 500g of water)
- Pre-infuse 30-40 seconds pouring in hot water for double the weight of coffee used
- Pour the water in two or three steps at will with a rotational direction being careful not to create too much turbulence
- Contact/percolation time approximately 3 minutes (4-5 for Chemex)
A light toast is generally recommended for filter systems
The Aeropress requires some precision rules:
- Quality coffee
- Roast within 20 days
- Medium grind (or as preferred)
- Use filtered or bottled water
- Water temperature approximately 85-90°
- A dose of approximately 17g per 200-220g of water
- Pour water for pre-infusion for 30-40 seconds
- Mix with the appropriate spoon
- Then pour the remaining water and close the cap
- Turn the aeropress upside down and press firmly but constantly until extraction is complete
- Total contact/infusion time of 2-3 minutes
There are dozens of different systems for extracting coffee, we have summarized the main ones here but if you need to know how to do the others not on the list, contact us