COLOMBIAN POKER - Gift Multipack - Specialty Coffee
Unit price per
only -4 left in stock
We called it POKER of Colombia, they are four different and incredible Specialty coffees that come from Colombia, in one package.
We only have very few multipacks available and you could get one!
The multipack is supplied, including 1 Collector's Album
The journey to the country defined by all as the best in the world for Quality Arabica Coffees, a perfect country for this product, a country that produces some of the best Specialty Coffees in the world:
250g Huila - Cadefi - Washed
250g Guayabetal - La Promesa - Washed
250g Huila - El Descanso - Natural
250g Huila - La Esperanza - Natural
We have created a special selection of these coffees from Colombia, it is an excellent gift for Coffee Lovers friends or for yourself.
The coffees are all roasted with a roasting that enhances the characteristics of each of them, expertly by our 2020 Italian Roasting Champion, Davide Cobelli.
“It is a real thrill every time I immerse myself in the roasting of Colombian coffees, incredible aromas of exotic and dreamy distant lands. Unique and unmistakable aromas that are released into the air, inebriate fans like us. " (cit.)
You can also buy: (Shop)
Below is a brief description of each coffee:
Guayabetal - La Promesa - Washed: Sensory profile: Complex and juicy Aroma: Green apple, floral, mandarin Taste & Body: Low acidity, very sweet and persistent Note: Fruity, vanilla, apple, pink pepper
Huila – El Descanso - Natural: Sensory profile: Full-bodied and velvety Aroma: Orange, red fruits Taste & Body: Very sweet, delicate acidity and velvety body Note: Orange, white chocolate, cherry jam
Huila - Cadefi - Washed: Sensory profile: Round and sweet Aroma: Vanilla, Orange Taste & Body: Low acidity, very sweet with medium body Note: Caramel, vanilla and brown sugar
Huila - La Esperanza - Natural: Sensory profile: Sophisticated and persistent Aroma: Muscat grape, black cherry Taste & Body: Juicy acidity, very sweet, full and persistent body Note: Cocoa beans, molasses, black cherries in syrup
How to choose:
We roast in two different ways, dividing into two main groups, based on the type of extraction:
- Light: suitable for Filter/Aeropress-type extractions, or for those looking for a coffee with a note of marked acidity and many aromas.
- Medium: suitable for Espresso/Moka extractions, or for those who want a coffee with a much more intense flavor and a touch of bitterness.
There are dozens of different grinds, it can be said that each machine or equipment needs a grind ad hoc.
With us you can choose to buy ground coffee for Moka or Filter.
We have tried to summarize them as follows:
- V60 Filter:
- French Press/Infuser:
Il caffè ha una durata limitata quando parliamo di qualità. Anche se in etichetta si può scrivere fino a 24 mesi, in genere il caffè di alta qualità, in pochi mesi ha perso la maggiorparte del sapore e dell'aroma. Consigliamo di berlo tra i 7 giorni e i 60 giorni dopo la data di tostatura (a patto che il sacchetto non sia mai stato aperto). Quando il sacchetto viene aperto, la qualità del caffè deteriora rapidamente sempre e in pochi giorni si perdono aromi e sapore. Purtroppo non sempre viene scritta la data di tostatura, sopratutto dalle aziende più grandi. Sui nostri pacchetti la trovi chiaramente scritta sul retro.
P.S. i nostri sachetti sono tutti confezionati con sotto vuoto e aggunta di Azoto, che prolunga la durata potenziale del prodotto.
Espresso requires some precision rules:
- Quality coffee
- Roasting within 30 days
- Fine Grind
- Water temperature around 90-92°
- A single serving of 8-9g (double of 15-17g)
- Extraction time approximately 25 seconds
The use of quality espresso machines (range from €600 upwards) can ensure a better result.
Machines that also have a coffee grinder to grind "fresh" coffee are preferable
The Moka requires a little attention:
- Use filtered or bottled water (NO TAP)
- Roasting within 30 days
- Medium-fine grinding
- Fill the boiler with water without going over the valve
- Put the ground coffee into the filter without pressing or making ontagnettes, simply level it at the edge
- Put on medium heat
- Wait for the liquid to rise through the chimney pot, without letting it bubble (TURN OFF AS SOON AS THE FLOW OF COFFEE STARTS TO GO FAST AND COLORLESS)
- Mix before serve
The Moka must only be washed with water and any neutral detergents (taking care to rinse thoroughly with water), never in the dishwasher or with abrasive sponges.
Filter or Chemex coffee requires precision in timing and in weights, some advice:
- Quality coffee
- Roasting within 20 days
- Medium grind (medium coarse for Chemex)
- Filtered or bottle
- Water temperature around 90-94° depending on the coffee used (generally washed at higher temperatures)
- About 15g of ground coffee for every 250g of water (chemex at least 30g per 500g of water)
- Pre-infuse 30-40 seconds pouring in hot water for double the weight of coffee used
- Pour the water in two or three steps at will with a rotational direction being careful not to create too much turbulence
- Contact/percolation time approximately 3 minutes (4-5 for Chemex)
A light toast is generally recommended for filter systems
The Aeropress requires some precision rules:
- Quality coffee
- Roast within 20 days
- Medium grind (or as preferred)
- Use filtered or bottled water
- Water temperature approximately 85-90°
- A dose of approximately 17g per 200-220g of water
- Pour water for pre-infusion for 30-40 seconds
- Mix with the appropriate spoon
- Then pour the remaining water and close the cap
- Turn the aeropress upside down and press firmly but constantly until extraction is complete
- Total contact/infusion time of 2-3 minutes
There are dozens of different systems for extracting coffee, we have summarized the main ones here but if you need to know how to do the others not on the list, contact us